Chicken Tacos with Fresh Corn Salsa
Frozen corn and canned enchilada sauce make this a quick and easy weeknight meal.
- Fresh Corn Salsa1 box frozen corn kernels, cooked
- 1 tomato, diced
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 2 jalapeño peppers, minced
- 2 Tbs cilantro, chopped
- 4 Tbs lime juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Tacos1 whole chicken, cut-up into parts
- 1 cup canned enchilada sauce
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 8 prepared corn tortillas
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese, grated
- For Salsa:In large bowl, stir together corn kernels, diced tomato, scallions, jalapenos, cilantro, lime juice, salt and pepper to make salsa. Set aside.
- For Chicken:Place chicken parts in large saucepan; cover with cold water. On top of stove, bring chicken to a simmer; cook for 20 minutes. Remove chicken from heat; set aside to cool. Drain chicken. Dice chicken, separating from bones. Place chicken on stove in medium saucepan. Add enchilada sauce and taco seasoning to pan. Cook over low heat, stirring, for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Wrap tortillas together in foil; warm in oven for 10 minutes.
- To serve, wrap tortillas in cloth napkin and place in basket. Place chicken mixture, salsa, sour cream and grated cheese in individual serving bowls. Assemble by topping tortillas as desired.
Calories from Fat 262 (39%)
(45%)Total Fat 29g
(75%)Saturated Fat 15g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3g
Monounsaturated Fat 8g
Total Carbohydrate 54g
(26%)Dietary Fiber 7g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.