A generous serving of sherry complements the sweetness of the shrimp in this saucy tomato dish.
- 1 lb shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 6 Tbs olive oil
- 3 large cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 1 large sweet onion finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups chopped tomato
- 1 Tbs tomato paste
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- 1/2 cup pimentos finely chopped
- 1 Tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp minced hot chili pepper of choice
- juice of 1 lime
- kosher salt to taste
- toasted and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 oz steamed white rice
- fresh cilantro for garnish
- To prepare the Sofrito base, sauté the garlic, and onions until tender. (Do not brown the garlic.) Add tomatoes, paste, bay leaf, sherry, pimentos, Worcestershire, salt, pepper, and chili pepper and cook until the mixture has thickened. Add Shrimp and cook until they are opaque.
- In a large bowl spoon the rice into the center of the bowl, then place the shrimp around the rice. Pour the sauce over the shrimp and garnish with the fresh cilantro.
Recipe courtesy of the National Fisheries Institute
Calories from Fat 197 (48%)
(35%)Total Fat 23g
(16%)Saturated Fat 3g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3g
Monounsaturated Fat 15g
Total Carbohydrate 20g
(10%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.