Balsamic-Spiced Lamb Kabobs
A delightful contrast of fruit and onion breathes new life into these lamb kabobs.
- 1 lb lamb boneless leg or shoulder, cut into 1 1/4-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 2 Tbs water
- 1 tsp dried rosemary, crushed
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp cumin, ground
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1/4 tsp coriander, ground
- 1/2 cantaloupe or pineapple, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 16 green onions, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 8 bamboo skewers soaked in water
- In bowl, combine: vinegar, oil, water, rosemary, garlic, cumin, salt, pepper, and coriander.
- Reserve 1/4 cup for basting.
- Add lamb cubes; toss to coat.
- Cover and marinate in refrigerator 6 to 8 hours.
- Drain meat cubes; discard marinade.
- Thread lamb, cantaloupe or pineapple, and green onion onto skewers.
- Brush with reserved marinade.
- Grill over medium-hot coals or broil 4 inches from heat source.
- Cook for 12 to 18 minutes or to desired degree of doneness.
- Turn several times and brush with marinade.
Calories from Fat 115 (43%)
(20%)Total Fat 13g
(17%)Saturated Fat 3g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 8g
Total Carbohydrate 14g
(10%)Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.