Baked Rice with Fresh Herbs
This recipe is very versatile and great for serving a crowd. Experiment with the herbs you use and double the recipe for a large group.
- 1 lb long-grain white rice, uncooked
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 4 cups hot water
- 1 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 3 Tbs fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 2 Tbs butter or margarine, cut into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C).
- Spray a 9x12-inch (23x30cm) baking pan with vegetable oil spray. Spread rice, salt and pepper in the pan.
- For easy handling, place pan on the oven shelf. Pull shelf partially from oven and stir in hot water. Cover pan tightly with foil, and bake 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F (175°C) and continue to bake 30 minutes, or until all water is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Stir in parsley, thyme and butter. Serve hot.
Calories from Fat 20 (12%)
(4%)Total Fat 2g
(4%)Saturated Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 1g
Total Carbohydrate 31g
(4%)Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.