Baked Eggs & Spinach
Serve with a dollop of sour cream and additional salsa.
- 1 pkg. frozen chopped spinach, defrosted, squeezed dry (10 oz.)
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup chunky salsa
- 1/4 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese (1 oz.)
- Heat oven to 325°F. Divide spinach evenly among four greased 6-oz. ramekins or custard cups. Press an indentation (about 2-inch diameter) into center of spinach with back of spoon. Place on baking sheet.
- Break and slip an egg into each indentation. Top evenly with salsa, then cheese.
- Bake in 325°F oven until whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken but are not hard, 20 to 25 minutes.
Calories from Fat 68 (56%)
(12%)Total Fat 8g
(15%)Saturated Fat 3g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrate 4g
(8%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.