Baja Style Fish Tacos with Onion Mango Salsa
No need to leave the kitchen—one bite of these fish tacos and you'll be transported to the coast of Mexico.
- 1 small red onion, peeled and cut into narrow wedges
- 4 frozen, breaded white fish fillets (or 8 breaded fish sticks)
- 1 cup chopped mango
- 1/2 cup slivered, red or green bell peppers
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 Tbs lime juice
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 Tbs mashed chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
- 4 large, crisp taco shells
- Place onion wedges and frozen fish fillets on a baking sheet and bake at 425˚F for 18 to 20 minutes, or as directed on packaging.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl combine mango, bell pepper, cilantro, and lime juice. In another bowl, mix sour cream with chipotle chiles.
- To serve, place a fish fillet into each taco shell. Mix roasted onion wedges with the mango combination and spoon 1/2 cup into each fish taco. Top with the chipotle-sour cream.
- Serve with salad, rice, and/or black beans, if desired.
Calories from Fat 150 (50%)
(24%)Total Fat 16g
(25%)Saturated Fat 5g
Polyunsaturated Fat 4g
Monounsaturated Fat 5g
Total Carbohydrate 30g
(12%)Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.