Apricot Glazed Grilled Chicken Wings
Apricot preserves and red pepper make these chicken wings a perfect blend of sweet and spicy.
- 4 lbs chicken wings, tips removed, and cut at the joint
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 3/4 cup apricot preserves
- 2 garlic cloves, mashed
- 1 Tbs chopped fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 Tbs lime juice
- 1 Tbs balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 2 Tbs chopped chives
- Fresh lime wedges for garnish
- Season wings with salt. Heat grill to medium high.
- In the bowl of a food processor (small if available), combine apricot preserves, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, red pepper flakes, lime juice, vinegar, and cumin; process until smooth. Add chives.
- Place wings on the grill and cook for 8-10 minutes. Turn and grill for another 5-6 minutes. With a pastry brush or spoon, brush the sauce on the wings. Cook for about 1 minute and turn. Repeat on other side of wings. Cook for another 1 minute. Wings should register 170º F when tested with an instant read thermometer.
- Serve the wings garnished with lime wedges.
Recipe courtesy of the National Chicken Council
Calories from Fat 1143 (60%)
(193%)Total Fat 125g
(176%)Saturated Fat 35g
Polyunsaturated Fat 27g
Monounsaturated Fat 50g
Total Carbohydrate 42g
(2%)Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.